Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter is right around the corner....but where is the sun?

   I know we have all heard April Showers brings May flowers....but don't we need some sunshine and warm weather as well. I heard the weather person say the other day that April and May are the two most unpredictable months of the year. It was in the 80's one day and 50's the next with heavy rain. I am so ready for the warm temperatures and sunshine. I remember as a child that Easter was always a tricky holiday....long sleeves or short for the Easter dresses...and now for my kids is it shorts or long pants. Everyone is ready for the shorts and t-shirts on a daily basis.
   Blake is learning to ride his bike and enjoying being outside with his new friends. It seems everyday it is someone new....what a social butterfly he is. Colbey and Darren have been enjoying the warm weather also but not near as much as Blake. We are eager to get the boys out to the campgrounds again this year. They are up early and out like a light at dark because of all the fresh air.
   I have been waiting anxiously for the flower stands on the corner with the Easter flowers and Mother's Day flowers. The stores have a few Easter tulips and lilies but I am waiting for the bright pinks and reds to appear, that is the true sign that Spring has Sprung. The Cherry Blossoms are starting to bloom and that tells me that the warm weather is right around the corner. Can't wait.
   When we lived in Maryland years ago, there was nothing more beautiful than going into Washington DC to see the Cherry Blossoms....that is a must see for everyone...and make sure you get the kids there as well to see all the history in our Nations Capital.
   We are hoping to get to Ringing Rocks next week while the boys are on Spring Break...pray that the weather cooperates. Looking forward to an Easter Egg hunt and a nice Easter Brunch with the family. Just have to get through the next few days and a nice break will be here....

1 comment:

  1. Here in Middle TN, it is one storm system after another the past several weeks. We have one moving in tonight! I just wanted to say that your blog is lovely. I have really enjoyed reading about your beautiful family. :) My parents live in Fredericksburg and I saw the Cherry Blossoms for the first time this month. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete