Thursday, May 19, 2011

8 days and counting.....

Wow...where has time gone. It seems like only yesterday that you came into my life ..after allowing us to enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner. We certainly had alot to be thankful for from that day on. In 8 days I will give a precious piece of myself to a wonderful young lady that is sure to bring as much love and joy into your life as you have mine. Joanna...I am blessed to share my son Matthew with you and know that you will continue to love him as we have. He has grown from a cute little blonde to a handsome young man that you soon will call "my husband, my partner, my soul-mate...my love". I can't think of a better person for Matt to be spending his life with. When he speaks of "his Jo", the feeling that he has for you can light up a room.

I never realized that sharing your child with another would be this hard...I know that you both will continue to grow together as a couple and then into a family (but not too soon). Enjoy these next few days that you both have as a single but know that in just 8 short days two hearts join as ONE.

I know that I can speak for both myself and Marianne, in saying that both Frank and Dan will be looking down on the two of you that day, and say to each other..."We did pretty damn good."(with a beer in hand for the toast)
It is fitting that you both chose Memorial Day weekend to celebrate the start of your new life together, when others are celebrating the lives of their loved ones that have moved on to be with their maker. Both Frank and Dan gave of themselves in service to their communities and their country for this "We salute you". So if by chance there are tears from the sky on May 27th, 2011....just know that Frank and Dan are celebrating with the Novak and White families and their friends.

We look forward to next friday and remember....Enjoy Yourselves....it is the first day of your new life together.

Love you Matthew (Matt)
MOM

PS....can you spend one last night at home as my little boy(son) before you are Matt the Man (husband).

No comments:

Post a Comment