Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Letter to my Son

Matt,
It is hard to believe that in less than one month you will no longer be my little boy but a loving husband to a wonderful woman. You met Joanna as a young kid playing in the neighborhood, and classmates in school. Over the years the two of you have become inseparable. I am glad to say that Joanna has brought out the best in you and you in her. You both are wonderful young adults that have faced great losses in your young lives. Losses that help to mold and make people what they are in their lives, but you both missed a great part of that. Still you both are able to share with others the part of what your fathers taught you in the short time they had to spend with you.
As the days get closer to you spreading your wings and taking flight with your life, let me say that I could never be more proud of you. Joanna is the third luckiest person in the world because your father and I are number one and two. I know that your father would say to you...."Matt, marriage is a serious commitment that two people make and as two you will become one. You will have good days and there will be some that are not as good as others....but remember, there are never any bad days as long as you have each other. Marriage is like a job, something that you will have to work at everyday but the rewards will pay off, not in a monetary way, but in blessings of abundance. I know that you both are ready to take this path together and along the way will be bumps and turns, but as long as you both travel together, the end will bring you both great joy and happiness."
I am happy that you have found each other and that you both have made the choice to share your lives with us....we are excited to see you exchange vows as man and wife and proclaim your love for each other. I cannot promise you that on May 27th that I will not shed any tears but remember that most tears that are shed...are tears of joy and elation. As your mother, I will forever love you but as you become a husband to Joanna, may your love for her be greater than the love that we share. As you begin your lives together, always know that I am here for you.
In the next few weeks, take time to stop and appreciate what you both have achieved to this point, and know that on May 27th....at the end of the day, whether perfect or not....you will be Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Novak. Be proud and be blessed but most of all.. BE LOVED......
I Love Matt and you will always be.....my little boy.....
LOVE,
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment